*During this unprecedented time, please adhere to the guidelines in place by the State to ensure the safety of you and those around you. Activities below may not be available or permitted.
Delaware County, a playground for generations, offers something fun for everyone in the family. It’s a great place to play in the water, gaze at the stars, talk to the animals, and explore caverns, parks, nature preserves, and more. The itineraries below are just a suggestion of some of the fun things for the family to do when you stay and play in Delaware County, Ohio. For more information, check out enjoy attractions, play indoors, play outdoors, and events.
Day One: Waves, Caves and Critters
- Explore the Olentangy Indian Caverns. Tour the caverns, play miniature golf, visit frontier town, and pan for gemstones. (Open April-October)
- Ride, slide, and splash at Zoombezi Bay. (Open Memorial Day-Labor Day)
- Visit the famous Columbus Zoo and Aquarium. Go ape over the baby animals and new exhibits.
- Enjoy a relaxing dinner at a local family-friendly restaurant and an evening at the hotel/motel indoor pool
Day Two: Lands and Lakes
- Pack a cooler, fishing poles, hiking shoes, and bathing suits for a day at Alum Creek State Park or Delaware State Park
- Enjoy an educational evening of stargazing and storytelling at Perkins Observatory (Public programs most Friday nights.)
- Go ice skating at the Chiller North
Day Three: Learning and Laughter
- Take a brochure-guided walking tour of Historic Downtown Delaware. While enjoying the unique cornices that crown the charming 1800’s architecture, you’ll discover a candy store, counter-top restaurant, educational book and toy store, antique and specialty shops, great restaurants, and more.
- Play at Magic Mountain Fun Center, located at Polaris
- Explore COSI, (the Center of Science and Industry) located in Downtown Columbus
CHASE THE FUN IN DELAWARE COUNTY, OHIO!
Discover all of the things to do and visit us soon!