Public Lands Youth Climb Classes
March 30 | April 6, 20
In this youth class, our climb guides will cover the basics of climbing equipment, safety for top rope climbing, what belaying is, movement, and technique.
- How to properly fit a harness and climbing shoes.
- How to tie into a harness
- How to conduct proper partner checks
- Communication and partner commands
- What belaying is
- Specific types of climbing holds
- Proper footwork
- Proper body positioning and balance
This will be a hands on course, taught in the rock climbing area of the store. Participants will have plenty of time to practice the skills learned, as well ask questions.
Please be sure to review and sign our digital waiver before arrival.
Climbing shoes are required to use the wall. Rental shoes are provided as part of the climbing fee or you are welcome to bring your own. Please do not put on climbing shoes or harness until instructed by a Guide.