There is never a shortage of things to do in Delaware County, and Valentine’s Day weekend is no exception. Love or hate Valentine’s Day, it encourages fun offers, creative menus, and unique events. Here are some things on our radar. Post a comment if you’d like to share other ideas with us!
- The Arts Castle in Delaware is offering an introductory stained glass class with a romantic theme. Learn the necessary skills while creating a “romantic” piece of art, a Heart-Shaped Stained Glass Suncatcher! There are only a few spots available for the Feb. 13th class so call ASAP for Details! – 740-369-2787
- Here in Ohio, we know better than most that you never know what the weather will bring, and that’s what can make an outdoor hike all the more adventurous! Preservation Parks of Delaware County would like to host you for a winter hike on Sunday, Feb. 14th. Crafts, cookies, and drinks! Call them for details 740-524-8600
- Here’s a fun itinerary for an outing in Powell that happens to end with a cozy dinner at home. First, browse The Chamber’s special Valentine’s Day Farmers’ Market. Farmers’ markets are so hard to come by this time of year and this is not to be missed! Next, stop at Kraft House No. 5 for some cozy ambiance and a warming cocktail. Hop across the street to Local Roots… an awesome eatery now with a “take ‘n bake” menu. High quality and delicious dinners are prepped and ready for take-out. Just cook it up at home! Before leaving town don’t forget to run across the street and grab a pint of Jeni’s for a romantic dessert. https://www.facebook.com/PowellChamberFarmersMarket/?fref=nf http://www.krafthouse5.com/ http://www.localrootspowell.com/new/ https://jenis.com/scoop-shops/jenis-powell/
- Sunbury’s “The Glass Rooster Cannery” hits the road to share their skills and knowledge with our neighbors to the south. Grab your favorite foodie friend and visit the Dublin Parks and Recreation Center from 1-3pm to take a class on homemade mustards and chutneys. It’s a hands on class and you can sample the results… what beats that? Sign up at: https://recreation.dublin.oh.us/wbwsc/webtrac.wsc/wbsearch.html?wbsi=9a9853c6-c5ab-a0ae-e511-82b468bc90be
- Lastly, there’s nothing like a true, old fashioned, romantic getaway. Nationwide Hotel and Conference Center offers many packages, including the Romance Package. Breakfast in bed, chocolate covered strawberries and champagne, comfy robes, and turn down service… http://www.nwhotelandconferencecenter.com/hotel/hotel-packages#special1432
Also, don’t forget that Delaware County has an incredible array of restaurants, which means there will be many special menus and features this weekend. Keep an eye on our Facebook page and we’ll keep you posted on the places to be! www.Facebook.com/visitdelohio
Happy Valentine’s Day, Delaware County!